Mega Millions changed number format on October 31, 2017. The old 5/75+1/15 number field has been updated to 5/70+1/25. The odds of winning Mega Millions are now one in 302,575,350 (up from previous odds of one in 258,890,850). The jackpot now starts at $40,000 (up from $15,000 in the old format). The price has also increased to $2 for a single play. All of these changes make Mega Millions more comparable to Powerball, at the same cost per ticket, starting jackpot, and high odds which will lead to more roll overs and more large jackpots.
We have started new game files for this game, which can be used with Advantage Gold and other Smart Luck lottery software. The old game files will no longer be updated. If you use favorites in Lottery Updater, you will need to select the new game files. Our software will work the same with these new files as they did with the old files. You will just need to wait a few months for more drawings to build up with the new format in order for the medium and long-term trend charts to be useful. Pick-5 lotto wheels will still work for this game (any wheel of 70 or fewer total numbers).
Game Change Stats
- Lottery State: Multi-State
- Name of Game: Mega Millions
- Game Format: 5/70+1/25
- Change: Changed Format
- Date Started: October 31, 2017
- Download History: For Advantage Gold, Download Mega Millions Smart Luck MM0570.SLH game file (and for Advantage Plus only, also the MM0125.SLH Mega ball only file)
- Free Lotto Tips: How to Win Mega Millions – updated free tips for the new game