30th Anniversary Giveaway
of Lottery Guru Gail Howard
The giveaway has ended! Thank you to all of our participants and congratulations to the winners!
To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of publishing my lottery systems, I am giving away 30 lottery prizes. You have a chance to win up to 500 Mega Millions tickets. No cost to enter and nothing to buy.
For the Mega Millions drawing of March 29, 2013, we are offering $1,000.00 in free combinations to be split among five lucky winners. Each winner keeps all the prize money won in his respective set of combinations. And each of the 30 winners will receive an autographed copy of the Lottery Winning Systems book.
- First prize wins the first 500 combinations (sets of numbers).
- Second prize wins the next 200 sets of numbers.
- Third, fourth and fifth prizes win the following 100 sets of numbers each.
- The next 25 prizes will be a free copy of the Lottery Winning Systems book.
Steve Allensworth and I started in the lottery business in March 1983, Steve as publisher, and I as a columnist for his weekly lottery paper. Steve and his staff will do the grunt work of filling in all those play slips, and I will supply the system numbers and the cash to pay for the tickets. (My job being the easiest!)
Giveaway Winners and Combinations
The codes of our 30 winners as well as the 1,010 sets of numbers are now posted HERE.
Official Giveaway Entry Rules
- Enter on or before March 25, 2013. The giveaway is now over.
- Your real name, full mailing address, telephone number, and email address are required for entry into the giveaway.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older.
- ENTER ONLY ONCE, because multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Employees or relatives of Gail Howard and Lotto News/Lotto Stats are not eligible for the giveaway.
- By entering the giveaway, you agree to permit us to use your name, city, and state if you win any prize of $10,000 or more. If you win $250,000 or the first prize jackpot, you agree to provide us with your photo for use on our website.
- If you win $10,000 or more, you must claim your prize directly from the New York State Lottery (from which the tickets were purchased).
HOW THE MEGA MILLIONS TICKETS WERE CHOSEN
I used my new Windows program, the Filtering Full Wheel Generator. I chose 30 of the 56 Mega Millions numbers. A pick-5 full wheel of 30 numbers has 142,506 total combinations. To reduce the number of combinations to 1,000, I first clicked on "Fill With Most Hitting Numbers." Then I clicked on "Make a Wheel", then I clicked on "Filter", then I clicked on "Add Filter", then I clicked on "All Defaults" which includes all 16 filters on the list below with one keystroke. The parameters of some of the filters were adjusted to reduce combinations. I reduced the 142,506 combinations to just 1,010: The 46 Mega Ball numbers were used 21 times each, in order from low to high beginning with the first ticket.The following filters are used in All Defaults:
- Sum of Numbers
- Odd/Even Numbers
- Low/High Numbers
- Low/High Gaps
- Neighboring Numbers
- Last Digits
- First Digits
- Multiple Numbers
- Unique Gaps
- Standard Deviation
- In Past Draws
- In Last x Draws
See the combinations HERE.
Want to improve your odds of winning? Use Smart Luck Lottery Software to learn how to win at lotto and get the best chance to win!